16028 a vc fine amount | vc 16028 a California fine penalty cost
VC 16028 (a): Upon the demand of a peace officer pursuant to subdivision (b) or upon the demand of a peace officer or traffic collision investigator pursuant to subdivision (c), every person who drives a motor vehicle upon a highway shall provide evidence of financial responsibility for the vehicle that is in effect at the time the demand is made. The evidence of financial responsibility may be provided using a mobile electronic device. However, a peace officer shall not stop a vehicle for the sole purpose of determining whether the vehicle is being driven in violation of this subdivision.
What is 16028 (a) vc Driving Without Insurance?
16028 a VC is the Vehicle Code section dealing with driving without insurance in California. If convicted, this code section carries stiff financial penalties of $900.
You will end up in traffic court under VC 16028(a) if:
- You were the driver of a vehicle
- Upon a public road or highway
- You did not have evidence of financial responsibility (proof of insurance) for the vehicle driven
However, if you actually had valid insurance for the vehicle at the time the traffic ticket was issued, then you can show proof to the court and get this charge dismissed for a $25 dismissal fee. If you do this, you do not have to pay the vc 16028 (a) penalty fine amount in full.
Sometimes even if you did not have valid insurance at the time the citation was issued, but you got insurance after the fact, the court will still dismiss the charge for $25 (although the court is not legally obligated to do so because you technically didn’t comply with the law since in this situation you didn’t have valid insurance for the vehicle at the time you were driving).
If you get insurance for the same vehicle after the fact, in some cases the court will not dismiss the charge for $25, but the court may still reduce your fine amount since you were at least diligent enough to get valid insurance soon after the citation was issued.
16028 a vc California fine amount
$900 with no DMV points.
||Failure to Provide Evidence of Financial Responsibility
At Ticket Ninja CA, we are the experts when it comes to helping you to get your vc 16028 (a) citation dismissed. We use a proven method of Trial by Written Declaration that gives you two chances to get your 16028 a vc ticket dismissed. Our fee is a very reasonable $99, and it comes with a 100% money back guarantee if your ticket is not dismissed! Click here to get started today!
Our $99 Complete Ninja Defense Package
- We are the traffic ticket defense specialists with proven results
- We never have ANY hidden fees
- Custom made Trial by Written Declaration Defense package ready for your signature
- We deliver in 4 business days by email(we also have 1-day or 2-day rush delivery for extra fee)
- Additional violations on a single citation – No extra-charge
- Trial De Novo Form – No extra-charge
- Assistance with in-court trial preparation if your Trial by Declaration was not successful – No extra-charge
- We offer a true 100% money back guarantee that is the best in the industry —Learn More
We offer the BEST VALUE, and you can count on us to STAY WITH YOU all the way to the end!